Career Development & Coaching
Wise Leaders' clients are either sponsored by their organizations or are private.
Who are you? What are your greatest gifts? Where would you truly like to be in your work and life? What is your ideal environment? Are you searching for a sense of purpose and meaning in your life? Many of Eva's clients are.
No matter what age you are, it's never too early or too late to envision and realize your ideal career and lifestyle choices. With clear insights, focus and guidance, Eva Har-Even will partner with you to co-create the meaningful life that is true to yourself. Whether it's gaining more success within the industry you love, or starting something new, you will be inspired to build a better, more satisfying existence.
Career coaching is an inside-out, left/right brain process that uses various tools, exercises, assessments, mental imagery and career/life history review. Eva's skilled ability to synthesize information and talent at getting to the" heart of the matter", helps her clients recognize and realize themselves in the most rewarding ways.
The progression starts with facilitating "finding yourself" and moves towards "creating yourself" by building on what you have found. Together, we will explore the questions you have about yourself, your life and your career. We will delve into re-discovering and remembering old dreams, talents, hopes and forgotten or unrealized passions. Then we utilize these "essential truths" to help you choose and thrive in your newly chosen field. Once you have committed with excitement and passion to your "ideal career" or optimal course of action, Eva will help you to communicate your best self to others, find the right environment for your strengths and guide you towards the meaningful life you have envisioned for yourself.
Career Development and Coaching covers several areas:
When you know a small change won't nearly be enough and only a profound shift in the playing field will do, it's time to talk to Eva Har-Even about Career Transition strategies.
You've had that feeling for a while, the need to make a change, a craving to try something new or the desire to re-energize your life and work. Or perhaps you have found yourself without a job as a result of downsizing, re-organizing, being laid off or let go for political, strategic or performance reasons. Perhaps you want to seek a position within the same company or make a move within your industry. Maybe you are thinking of starting your own business or you want to go into a brand new field. Perhaps you are someone who is looking to re-enter the workplace after time away. Career Transition Coaching can give you the tools you will need to define and seek out your personal success.
If you were forced into moving on, the first aspect of Career Transition Coaching is managing the change itself. Loss of a job, combined with being thrusted into an involuntary journey towards a future without a clear destination can be overwhelming and discouraging. Losing one's job is known to be one of the four most disturbing events in people's lives. (The other three are loss of a loved one, divorce and moving one's place of residence). It is not surprising then, that most people find a career transition to be an emotionally difficult time. Using her expert guidance, Eva has helped her clients over the years with her energy, resourcefulness, empathy and empowering outlook. Clients will come to see rich possibilities beyond the commonly experienced anxiety, fear, confusion and inertia.
Managing change is an important and on-going conversation during anyone's career transition. It involves the identification of your 'adaptive style' in times of change. Based on your unique history and preferences of managing transitions Eva provides enhanced approaches of planning on actions and behaviors to sustain a high level of resilience.
Parallel to managing your emotions and eliminating energy drains, there are three phases to the career transition process:
- It begins with Self-Discovery through a Career and Life Planning Assessment system. Together we will identify your unique set of skills, motivated abilities, passions, values, beliefs, financial and psychological needs and the type of environment in which they will be most effective. The integration of the information from the discovery phase yields rich indicators for one's choice of a rewarding future path. It also leads to focus and clarity, which in turn, is essential to develop a career search strategy.
- Once your chosen field is identified, we will enter the second phase, Developing Strategy, where we will craft your own personal roadmap for launching your job search or the establishment of a new business or consulting practice. In this phase, we take what we have learned about your and you goals and give you a way to move from the insights gained to concrete applications. We will develop specific career transition tools such as targeted communications, (including correspondence) your biography/resume, creating a support team and planning networking approaches that reflect your aspirations. We will develop research strategies and identify organizations (and appropriate executives within them) that you would like to contact. In addition, we will work on practical skills for acing interviews and maximizing the benefits of your networking opportunities.
- The last phase is Implementation, when we work together to make your plans a reality. Navigating the nuances of this phase is something Eva has worked on for years. Her experience as an Executive Coach within corporations will make the critical difference and give you an edge in guiding you towards your ultimate goals. Eva's strategic guidance can help you find your ideal position, start or buy a business, launch your consulting practice, become a full time stay-at-home parent, re-enter the work place or retire into a life of creative and expressive satisfaction.
Career Management is for individuals who would like to get a clearer sense of their career path within an organization or have yet to examine why they don't feel quite right about their work and lives. They would like to envision a path for their future that will provide them with a more satisfying life/work balance.
Career Management is a "catch all" term that may include any or a combination of the following areas. See if any of the list below applies to you:
- Breaking through career inertia
- Managing oneself from strength: Identifying and better applying competencies
- Optimizing one's job description including roles and goals
- Redefining or changing one's role in the organization
- Developing a strong targeted network within the organization
- Obtaining a promotion or raise
- Having a career development conversation with supervisors
- Performance Improvement
- Examining one's values and whether they align with those of the organization
- Creating a path with Life Long Learning
- Building strategic alliances
- Negotiation techniques
- Defining one's unique life work balance needs
- Search for meaning - identifying one's calling and purpose to live with passion
- Other career related opportunities and challenges
There are few things in our lives that are as rewarding and create as much meaning as our careers and life's work. Conversely, it is common over the course of one's career to feel challenged by difficult colleagues, politics, stalled advancement, being underpaid or managing a tough boss. Challenges may also arise from an individual's poor performance, burnout, stress, or disengagement.
When it comes to Career management, the advantages of working with an external coach are compelling. One can share freely in a safe and confidential environment. The coach is a neutral sounding board and has only one purpose in mind, to help the individual succeed and thrive.
Eva has worked with clients over the course of more than fifteen years designing effective strategies for a variety of on-the-job performance issues. If you are dissatisfied with your career, unhappy with how your life outside of work is going and are searching for meaning and a sense of purpose in what you do, Eva Har-Even can help you through a customized career management program that will make a profound mark on your sense of achievement and well-being.
Creative Retirement Coaching
The new trend in retirement is not to retire but rather to discover new or yet to be developed aspects of yourself and create a life that keeps you passionate and engaged. Our clients are seasoned executives and professionals who search for a meaningful and creative outlet. They have a strong yearning to remain productive and make a difference.
As a result of the career coaching for Creative Retirement they choose new fields that reflect old hobbies, forgotten interests, or perhaps discover new hobbies that surprise and delight you or start a new business that also allows for more time to travel. Many feel the urge to give back, to "do good" and get involved with a not-for-profit organization for the betterment of society. They may have a job - full or part time - or perhaps volunteer. They may end up on a board of directors for a cause they believe in and want to support. Many create a mosaic of activities rather than a single focus.
Eva Har-Even can help you evaluate where you are in your cycle of life and work and where you want to be in the coming years. Through an assessment process highly customized and sensitive to your unique needs, together we discover what will fulfill you most, create a life plan and provide you with the tools you will need to pursue the passions that will keep you going and growing.